After a month-long hiatus after the crash, I redesigned the tricopter chassis. The aluminum arms are now foldable, and the motors are closer to the center of the chassis (I have yet to trim the arms to a shorter length). There is room for the new and bigger ESCs underneath the other electronics.
Actually, I don’t really know how other than to build a tricopter as awesome as mine. Earlier last month, I flew my tricopter up to about 80 feet above the ground to test its range as well as controllability. Due to a shortage of my usual propellers, I had been flying with an oversized tail […]
One of the cells in my lithium polymer battery rapidly started losing capacity a few days ago. I ordered two new batteries, but I needed power in the meantime. It was trivial to open up the battery and remove the faulty cell, since the other three cells were fine. The battery is now effectively a […]
Or, the best one-line bug fix ever. For two months, I had been thinking I was running my flight controller at 166 Hz while actually running it at a measly 31 Hz. I don’t want to go into detail about how that happened, but I have fixed the problem, and now it works. I am […]