After a month-long hiatus after the crash, I redesigned the tricopter chassis. The aluminum arms are now foldable, and the motors are closer to the center of the chassis (I have yet to trim the arms to a shorter length). There is room for the new and bigger ESCs underneath the other electronics.
On August 1, we (the OSU Autonomous Aerial Robotics Team) will compete against 27 other collegiate teams from around the world in the 2012 International Aerial Robotics Competition. The current (6th) mission of the IARC requires teams to develop an aerial robot capable of autonomously navigating an indoor space (i.e., hallways, furnished rooms) to locate […]
This is mainly for my record. Of the three Red Brick 70A ESCs I ordered from HobbyKing to replace my burnt-up ones, one had different pin assignments to the FETs than the other two. This required me to upload the rb50a firmware instead of the rb70a. Before I figured out that the rb50a firmware worked […]
Actually, I don’t really know how other than to build a tricopter as awesome as mine. Earlier last month, I flew my tricopter up to about 80 feet above the ground to test its range as well as controllability. Due to a shortage of my usual propellers, I had been flying with an oversized tail […]
Or, the best one-line bug fix ever. For two months, I had been thinking I was running my flight controller at 166 Hz while actually running it at a measly 31 Hz. I don’t want to go into detail about how that happened, but I have fixed the problem, and now it works. I am […]