After a month-long hiatus after the crash, I redesigned the tricopter chassis. The aluminum arms are now foldable, and the motors are closer to the center of the chassis (I have yet to trim the arms to a shorter length). There is room for the new and bigger ESCs underneath the other electronics.
Two years ago, I designed my own motor driver breakout board using two L298N motor driver ICs and had them manufactured through BatchPCB. Here it is, finally finished. The KiCAD files are on my github repo here.
Minibot proof of concept out of old Lego parts. The purple arms push against the pole, which angles the wheels into the pole to create a horizontal vector just strong enough to keep the bot on the pole. Took about two hours to make. The bot is climbing up a 40 inch metal pole that […]
Meeting time: 15:00 to 21:00 We are two days behind schedule. I started a WOT (Weighted Objectives Table) discussion of the various lift concepts at 3:30. We started with seven concepts: Single-jointed arm Multi-jointed arm Telescope (elevator) Four-bar linkage Eight-bar linkage Scissor 60/40 scissor We narrowed it down to the four-bar linkage and the elevator […]